Friday, December 26, 2008

Let the Good Times Roll



I had surgery a week and a half ago to remove some bone that was protruding into my achilles and causing me unwarranted pain for nearly three years. I am now walking and feeling quite well. The doctor said that I will not be able to run for four to six months (liability nonsense), which means that I should be running again in two months or so. Barring the weather tomorrow, I plan to go for a nice easy bike ride. I already have visions of running and competing dancing around in my head (I had these fantasies the night before Christmas). 

It has been difficult for me not to ride my bike or run as I recuperate from my surgery. I have tried to find creative ways to burn the enormous amount of energy contained inside my body. It will not be long before I purchase my own Pilates mat and begin to exercise with a group of senior citizens at some fitness center; then I will know that I have truly hit rock bottom. At least it has been raining and freezing cold during much of my down time. My rest period has provided me ample time to catch up on the latest television shows. I did not have a functioning television in any of my dwelling places during my time at college. Now that I am living at home with my parents again, where there is a television set (no cable), I have been able to browse some of the shows that our fine networks provide us with. Not much has changed since the time I left for college. Most of these networks are still plagued with vulgar and/or nonsensical "reality" shows as well as other profane and/or unoriginal television shows. Not to say that I dislike all of television, as I do enjoy such shows as "the Office" and ... that is about it (there is another show that entertained me, but its title fails me at the moment). Anyhow, Merry belated Christmas to all.  

No comments: